One Size Fit Most also known as OSFM are nappies that are made for newborns until potty training. They have snap buttons that are adjustable and some closures are made from velcro. The absorbent liners are sewn and the nappy cover are made from laminated PUL/waterproof.
These comes in 3 different styles
1. Aio (All in One) Nappies
Aio nappies means it includes everything that you need. There are Aio nappies for newborn only and there are Aio nappies fit from Newborn to Potty training.Most of the absorbent liners are already sewn or attached and the cover is waterproof. Credits to the brand and Belleview Cottage for the pictures.
2. Ai2 (All in Two) Nappies or Hybrid Nappies
The Ai2 nappies are similar as the Aio nappies. It's knewn name is now called Hybrid Nappies. The absorbency layer can be snap in and out of the cover, which makes it economical for parents giving you the ability to change the liners/boosters anytime and can re-use the shells or waterproof cover if not wet/soiled. Also, it is easy to get dry. Please see some of the brands that we are selling that falls under Ai2.
3. POCKET NAPPIES
Pocket Nappies are consist of waterproof cover and an inner layer forming a pocket. It has a separate absorbent liners that you can insert in the pocket. Some of the closures are also made from snap to velcro.
What are the Pros and Cons of these nappies?
- First, there is no need to use safety pins or snappies as closure
- The closure are made of snap buttons or velcro which makes diaper changing easier for parents.
- It is all in one! You don't need a separate cover for this.
- Majority are following the growth of little bub, from newborn to potty training.
- For AiO - the absorbent liner is already attached which is less work for parents to do the rinsing during changing nappies. All you have to do is rinse it using your diaper spray and straight away put in your diaper laundry bag.
- For Ai2 and Pocket Nappies - its absorbent liners giving you the option to use any absorbent liners you have. You can even use a prefold or flats as an absorbent liner. They are even more easier to wash and fast to dry.
- For starters, OSFM nappies are expensive rather than using fitted nappies, prefolds and flats.If you are on a budget, you can try the bundle nappies or trial package nappies before starting to buy them piece by piece. This will help you save as well as most trial and bundled nappies are discounted.
- Some OSFM doesn't fit newborns since different babies have different size and weight.
- For Aio - some of them takes time to dry; also small damaged from the absorbent liner or cover will affect everything.
- For Ai2 - if the covers are wet/soiled, you will need to change everything.
- For Pocket Nappies - you will definitely need to change everything not giving you the option to just replace the absorbent liner or booster.
Read more →